Rinker Materials – Concrete Pipe Division
As a division of CEMEX, Rinker Materials – Concrete Pipe Division is a leading supplier and manufacturer of concrete pipe and related products in the United States. The company was expanding its Apopka facility and needed Service Complete Electric to design and construct an electrical package for state of the art casting equipment, kilns, conveyors, hoisting cranes and drying builds.
- Provide and install all electrical components:
- Interior Lights
- Site lighting
- Motor control centers
- Back–up generator system
- Working with unfamiliar, owner–provided equipment that was not built in the United States
- Making the provided equipment and the new electrical components work seamlessly
- Working in underground casting vaults
- Working around overhead cranes and moving conveyors
- Adhering to a very aggressive schedule to get Rinker up and running
- Adding new buildings while existing site was in operation
- Offered ideas to the team to work with the equipment supplier to make sure all products were installed to U.S. standards and codes
- Coordinated closely with the general contractor and owner to keep plant up and running during construction
- Designed motor control centers to keep all controls centrally located, adding efficiency and saving time for maintenance crews
Did You Know?
- Most of the concrete equipment is made overseas and many items had to be modified to get UL listings.
- The lighting throughout the plant is 480V, which saved Rinker installation costs by lowering the size of branch circuits.
- Conduits were placed underground whenever possible to limit exposure to overhead hazards and to create a cleaner look.
Our experience in managing large projects helped Rinker maintain production and remain on schedule during a major expansion. AK Scruggs & Associates, the engineering affiliate of Service Complete Electric, designed the facility. This allowed Service Complete to make all necessary changes without interrupting the construction schedule. Changes could be made to the construction documents quickly for approval by the owner and the local government building department.